Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 69

    House Creek stopover

    3 septembre 2021, Australie ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    The drive to Tom Price is well over 600km from Karratha so we did a stopover. The forecast was for high winds and by lunchtime we were starting to get a few gusts which made the trip slower. We passed by a few mines with adjacent camps for the workers and also a couple of natural gas plants. This country is so rich in minerals.

    As we head further west the scenery changed which was good for us to avoid boredom. A few small hills with rocky outcrops. Still red rocks of course. We also noticed termites have reappeared. Haven't really seen any mounds for the last couple of weeks.
    Mobile coverage was pretty good today but as we have now headed inland we have nil reception which will explain this late blog post.

    We stayed at a rest stop called House Creek and were alone there for the first hour or so. Four other vans arrived before dark.
    Today's temperature stayed below 28 degrees which was a pleasant relief. Lunch at the turnoff to Onslow was a breezy affair with most of the caravan windows open while we enjoyed the warm wind. We are probably going to need the doona (duvet) overnight which was packed away when we were in Katherine weeks ago.

    With some clouds most of the day the sunset was going to be amazing which it was.
    En savoir plus