Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 94

    Moora

    September 28, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Left Carnamah camp and parked up to try and locate more wildflowers in the village. Overnight rain dampened the dust and cooled the air. The campground was really good by the way. After a wander around we found nothing new so headed south 120km to Moora. We had 120km of wheat fields! We have no idea what we will find in these small towns except that they are a surprise for us.

    Moora is the WA wheatbelt's largest service town. It's a clean but small town well looked after. We are staying at the very small council campground looked after by Shirley the caretaker. It is also very tidy and friendly. We made good use of the free washing machines.

    We spent the afternoon checking out the town then a larger walk to Candy's Bush reserve. This is a large area with a lot of different native orchids. They hide well as we saw none! There are also Carnabys Black cockatoos which are endangered. Didn't see any of those either. So a 6km walk was good for the thirst at least. Ironically 3 black cockatoos flew past as we returned to the campground.

    The weather is now calm and warm but once we get to Perth at the end of the week we are in for a shock with forecasted rain and cool temperatures.
    Read more