Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Moora again

    September 29, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Today feels like our last day on our tourist part of our holiday as tomorrow we arrive in Perth where we get back to rekindling old friendships. It's been over 6 years since we left and so much has changed in the city and the lives of the people we left behind.

    A quiet start with light rain early then the town heated up to a humid and windy 25 degrees. A walk down the river track to town then a book read back at the van. After lunch a circuit around the outlying villages in the ute ended up well over 100km of travel. We must check the scale of our maps! Ended with a small walk in a local reserve which is set up just for tourists to be harassed by bushflies.

    We tried the local pub for an evening meal. Very large helpings so a walk back to the caravan was welcome. The country pubs are always good to see the locals. A few farmers in jeans and airtex type attire shows we are in the country.

    Bushfly facts:
    They are suckers, not biters
    They want your saliva, sweat etc, not blood.
    They are officially not a pest as they don't spread diseases or adversely affect livestock. ( I beg to differ. They are a right nuisance!)
    They are not repelled by insect repellent (much to my disappointment)
    They are useful as they can pollinate plants. Wow... I found something positive about them.
    Read more