Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    A little good karma

    December 15, 2019 in India ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    So we stayed in Pushkar to do charity work as I said. This was really nice though we didn't do very much but it has inspired us to do more next time. Though if you want to do actual good charity work here (that will actually make a difference/ isn't a scam) you need to subscribe to some apps and stuff. We didn't think that far ahead and also its like 300€ a year so....

    Anyway that's why this was perfect. We ate at this cafe that supports a local school. They had a poster up that said you could help out anyway you wanted. So we volunteered for a day of service in the cafe, indirectly helping the kids cause we were helping the man that owns it. We also bought a bunch of school supplies and dropped them off at the school the next day with some fruit. Then we spent some time with the kids just playing which actually felt a bit weird because we were taking away their learning time but maybe that's me overthinking.

    The school was just one room with about 25 students and some older boys from another highschool that come to help out. The kids were lovely but ofcourse it was eye opening to see their school and realise how lucky we are. You know these things but it's different when you're actually there.
    Read more