Satellite
  • Day 44

    Off to Byron Bay!

    May 11, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    Not too much to report today. I flew out pretty early in the morning. It was a brief flight and then I had to catch a bus into Byron Bay.

    It's quite a small town which I like, but more of a hippy town than the towns in new zealand (maybe? at this point my memory could be skewed). Anyways I checked in and then had a nap. Eventually I woke up and decided to get out for a little bit.

    I found a kebab place and enduldged before heading to the beach. I have to admit Australian beaches are something else! So beautiful. The waves were not massive, but at times still sizable. I had shorts on but they weren't swim trunks. For a while I just stayed in knee deep, but eventually I couldn't resist. I found a few English girls sunbathing and asked them if they would be around for a while and if they could watch my stuff. Obviously they fell for the Terrence charm (yeah right) and happily obliged.

    I ran in full speed and dove into the water. It was cold, but more than bearable and it felt amazing. I spent the next half hour or so diving in and out of the waves and allowing myself to be one with the ocean (while still occasionally and unnecessarily keeping an eye out for sharks haha). When I was finished I collected my things and headed back.

    I had a few hours to myself so I sat on my phone and then read a few chapters of my book. After a while a few of my room mates came by and introduced themselves. Two were from England and two from Germany, but the german girls left Pretty quick.

    After talking with the English girls we ended up going to a bar for a few drinks. I passed on the drinking, but I had a decent little supper. The bar was very much an open concept with no real doors, but some parts of the bar was more sheltered than others. In the open area they had a projection screen and they played the movie "the blues brothers." I had never seen it, but I absolutely loved the soundtrack and I found it pretty funny. It was a cool experience to catch a movie in a bar and there were quite a few people there!

    That was the end of the night! Going surfing tomorrow!

    -Terrence out
    Read more