Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Le Touquet

    September 8, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Le Touquet is known as the beach for Paris. With the iconic aerodrome just behind our parking place at an equestrian centre off they go for an exploration. The plan now is to head off for a walk around the town before we move on and arrive at the next Aire early as all the French motorhomes do to get a space!. They walk through leafy streets with beautiful houses on either side of the road. Just before reaching the town they come across some really old sports rally cars lined in the road outside a huge hotel. On reading the many notices on the cars the realise it's the Le Touquet - Paris Plage Historique, that's a vintage car race to you and me.
    Lovely buildings, this is Parisians weekend place to come.
    They walk down the pedestrian streets past expensive clothes shops with wonderful window displays which she loved to see when he said come on love I'll treat you, so they turned round and she got to walk past them again.!
    Down to the sea front and a huge expanse of white sandy beach stretches out before them, a bit like Weston really as yow cor see the sea it's out so fur, no paddling today then. Instead they do the next best thing, have a drink in the beach bar before heading back to get me goin to the next place a bit further down the coast road.
    Read more