Satellite
  • Day 29

    Adelaide, Australia

    February 25, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Today has been a bit of a roller coaster. This morning was amazing. I went on a passenger tour called Adelaide and Cleland Wildlife Park. The Adelaide part was kind of boring. Just driving around with the tour guide pointing out different things. I was already excited for the park and before we got there 2 kangaroos hopped across the road and then I got very excited.

    When you first arrive at the park you can purchase a surprisingly large bag of food to feed the animals. Seeing how large it was made me even more excited. Knowing that meant that there was probably a lot of animals to feed. Which there was.

    The park was awesome. All the animals are just free to roam around. With just occasional gates you can walk through to keep certain species apart. You could just go up to the kangaroos to feed and pet them. The only animal you couldn't walk up to was the Dingos. You looked down on them from a bridge. To me they just looked like regular dogs. There was the opportunity to hold a koala but the line was VERY long and not moving. With only 2 hours at the park I decided not to do it and see the other animals instead. When I walk past it 25 minutes later and saw the group who was in front of me in almost the same spot I knew I had made the right choice.

    Once we were back to the ship I grabbed my laptop and went into the cruise ship terminal to use the super slow free wifi until Abbie got back from exploring. Abbie and I both have the night off tonight, combined with a late sail so we decided to go out for dinner in port and then come back to the ship to watch the movie that was playing. Tonight the theatre is showing Sully. We took the hour long shuttle into town to spend 45 minutes walking from restaurant to restaurant either being told they are completely booked or we decided we don't want to eat there. We were very frustrated and hungry when we found Passatempo. We weren't thrilled when we saw the menu because it was a little more then we wanted to spend but we gave in a sat down. We are now still sitting in the restaurant with AMAZINGLY fast wifi (now frustrated I wasted time in the cruise terminal) feeling way too full after eating some very amazing food. We are now okay with how much we're paying.

    Next we grabbing some Gelato from here and then headed back to the ship for a carnival themed party in the crew bar because it's a Goan festival today.
    Read more