Satellite
  • Day 41

    PNN Tayrona - Carribean Paradise

    November 18, 2017 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 33 °C

    We made it to the Tayrona National Park just in time yesterday: we entered at 16:55 - the last entry to the park is at 17:00...

    Due to the rain and general tiredness after the Ciudad Perdida, we camped at the first possible ground which was simply great. The only tent in the campground under huge palm trees :-)
    They weren’t kidding when they warned us of falling coconuts. All evening we could hear the thumping of big coconuts falling on the ground around us. We made sure to pick a palm tree that faced away from us...

    Today, we hiked further to Cabo San Juan. After ignorantly dismissing the difficulties of the hike that others told us about, we found out that - surprise, surprise - this tropical paradise also has a lot of muddy paths, 35° with insane humidity, and bugs. After 2.5 hours hike in the mud and along a crocodile pond (which we luckily did not cross!) we arrived at the campground for next two days: Cabo San Juan.

    The rest of the day was spent swimming, reading, ans lying in the hammock (thanks to Manu!) - and the occasional running back to the tent when a rain shower started and we needed to take the still wet clothes back into the tent. Will they ever dry again?!
    Read more