Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Summer has returned

    June 6, 2021 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Woke up refreshed to warm sun. It was lovely to be in t-shirts and needing the sun protection again.

    Had a nice chat with the crew of the yacht inside us before heading out to a visitor mooring as out berth was required by the ferries from 10.00.
    We weren’t in the mood to rush anywhere and instead sat in the sun and watched the ferries busily bringing tourists from the mainland.
    It was about 11.30 before we went ashore in the dinghies and found that all the electrical bicycles had been hired. The early bird catches the worm!
    We had hoped to cycle to Dun Aengus which is mainly uphill but decided that with no power assistance to compensate for dodgy hips and knees that we’d put it off until tomorrow instead.

    Hold that thought!
    Remember what I said about Jim loving to walk and never giving up on Cape Clear?
    Well, Jim and Brian thought it would be nice to go for a bit of a walk ………..
    Guess where we ended up? Yes, Dun Aengus, 7.5 kms. uphill later.
    Stunning views and a must visit for anyone who visits Inishmore.
    A mutiny by me meant we got the minibus back but the other three didn’t put up much of a fight.

    That evening we were invited for a barbecue on ‘Second Chance’.
    Brian and I found some short lengths of rope to use as ties, collars were optional and being good guests we didn’t go empty handed.
    We had a long pleasant night and made it back to ‘Eureka’ safely if not quite in a straight line.
    Read more