Satellite
  • Day 2

    Potato Head Beach Club

    June 23, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Being one of the most prestigious and well known beach clubs in Bali the demand was high. In order to get a bed you had to arrived 30 minutes before opening time which was 9.30am. Having had slow traffic on the way me and Pernilla were worried that arriving with 10 minutes to go before it opened at 10am we wouldn't get a bed. However, being the first one in the queue for it to open we successful got one of the few remaining beds. The beach club was absolutely stunning, having an infinity pool containing a bar right in the centre looking over the ocean.

    Being extremely expensive, we began the day with a iced coffee and lay on the beds to enjoy the sun seeing as our one was in the best sun spot for that time of day. At midday we had a snack of nachos to keep us going. They were delicious and devoured quickly.

    The rest of our time was spent in and out of the pool and on the sun beds, napping and reading and generally having a relaxing day. Spent the rest of the day in and out of the pool, lying on the sun beds. I almost felt as though it was a holiday within a holiday. Having had quite average weather for my first week we were so lucky having clear blue skies the whole day.

    Before sunset we shared a meal of fish and chips as well as a chicken bacon sandwich, both going down a treat. The sunset was beautiful despite being a bit cloudy. However it was clear it was the spot to be for sunset with an influx of people coming to eat and use the pool at that time.

    Very content we decided it was our time to leave and went back to the hostel for a shower before heading out and having a drink with Liberty, Fleur and Anna.
    Read more