Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Day 24 - Zoom Lolly Lilo

    August 27, 2020 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    Slept well & neither of us could get out of bed until gone 8.00am.

    Jackie made me scrambled eggs on toast & coffee for breakfast, then we headed back to our beach not too much after nine.

    We plonked ourselves down in our usual spot & started huffing & puffing into our newly acquired lilo. We had a laugh at a couple who moved three times in about half an hour because people sat too close to them, then gave up & left the beach. In fact the wife did while the husband was still swimming.

    Unfortunately the joke was soon on us, when 4 ugly blokes & a girl sat too close directly behind us. They were oblivious to my Paddington hard stares & in the end we reluctantly relocated to the other end of the beach that was unusually quiet.

    In our new spot, Jackie launched Zoom Lolly Lilo & stayed on it for most of the day as the photos will testify. Lunch was half a bladder of white wine & some peanuts. We left the beach at 4.45pm as it was just starting to get busy again, inexplicably with Brits.

    That evening we dressed up & hit the town. After a beer in our favourite bar, we returned to Pizzeria Marco, where Jackie had a large bowl of mussels & whelks in white wine & a side of French fries. I had gnocchi ai quattro formaggi. It was a perfect evening.

    On the way home we stopped at a tiny little shop that sold only homemade wine in old recycled water bottles. We bought a bottle for tomorrow night.

    Song of the Day : Zoom by Fat Larry’s Band.
    Read more