Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 30

    Day 30 - Hoff to the Rescue…………..Nearly!

    10 juillet 2023, Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today we got to the beach earlier than any previous time. We sat in our usual spot with literally no one around us like a couple of Billy no mates. It was at least an hour later, when a couple in their 70’s walked either side past us to the end of the beach, about 50 yards from our location.. Something didn’t seem right, but we weren’t sure what.

    The couple sat down, but 5 yards apart. We were already transfixed on them. The lady was wearing a sun dress which she pulled right up to reveal no underwear & lay in the sand as if she was in stirrups & about to have a smear test. This caused a bit of a surprise to families & joggers that walked/ran to the end of the beach.

    After 15 minutes, her male partner approached her & she screamed at him like a banshee. We were now hooked & rightly or wrongly this was going to be our entertainment for the day. Another 15 minutes or so later, her male partner abandoned her on the beach with her legs still akimbo.

    Not long after, a group of 7 Asian lads arrived & probably not by accident they started playing football around her. After a couple of hours she eventually gathered her stuff together & walked off along the beach, but it was now clear to us that she had some mental health issues.

    Sometime not too much later, I was looking out across the beach & sea, when I saw the same lady stark naked walking amongst the families at the water’s edge. We monitored her progress and she returned to her belongings, put her dress on & returned to her original spot. A young lad who was sat nearby felt compelled to move.

    The lady then lay face down in the sand & didn’t move for the next 2 hours. Eventually she got up, then walked to a sandbank, stripped naked again & walked out into the crashing waves. She was on her own & appeared to have no concept of how to jump over or duck under the waves. Although lifeguards were on duty, they didn’t seem to have noticed her.

    There was nothing for it, the Hoff sprang into action & ambled across the sand to the water’s edge. Just as I dipped my toe in the Atlantic surf the naked woman appeared from amongst the waves & walked past me without an apparent care in the world. My lifesaving skills were not required on this occasion.

    She did eventually leave the beach, hopefully into the custody of a carer.

    We stayed on the beach until 6pm, then went to dinner back at Chaparro opposite. We had a litre of delightful red house wine. Jackie had mussels & I had black pork fillet. It was lovely & plan to return again tomorrow.

    Song of the Day : Rescue by Echo & the Bunnymen.
    En savoir plus