Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 7

    Day trip Bucharest to Ruse, Bulgaria

    23 de abril de 2023, Bulgaria ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    Woke up early enough to have breakfast at our hotel. Beautiful view from the Sky Restaurant. We walked what has become our usual walk downtown. Our van picked us up right on time which is always a great start. The drive from Bucharest to Ruse is 1 hour took maybe an additional 20 minutes to get thru border control. Line for truck drivers went back for miles.
    Ruse when we first drove across was not impressive. Looked very old and sad. We stopped for pictures by the danube river. We then walked through the neighborhood in which we came across a fortress that was closed so unable to see.
    We also were showed areas in which they dug into and found part of the fortress. That just stands as is nothing else being done. We then walked downtown to get to the underground church. History on the church was pretty interesting. We walked back down the main street and checked out a few stores. Many were closed due it it being sunday.
    We met for lunch which was delicious and a treat from our driver. Had great laughs with the couple from New York.
    Drive back to Bucharest took about 2 hours. One hour it took to get through border control. Saw puppies at the border to looked to be on their own. Saw their mom as we drove closer to border. Puppies were adorable.
    We had our driver drop us off at The Harp cute pub we enjoyed the night before. Had drinks food and took BOLT back to our hotel.
    Leer más