Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Dracula Bound

    April 25, 2023 in Romania ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    Time to travel to our next city. We woke up early at 6am to have breakfast at the Sky Restaurant in our hotel. Waited for our private driver Theodore in the lobby. He arrived right on time ,of course it was raining. Traffic was really bad getting out of Bucharest. Once on the freeway we were good to go. Our driver stopped for a bathroom and snack stop.
    We bumped into our travel guide from our tour to Bulgaria. What are the chances. We talked to him for awhile and he gave us a must do while in Brasov. Such a nice man.
    The drive to Brasov was beautiful. So green. Reminded us of Mammoth. We arrived to our hotel at 1pm.
    Our room is big and full of antique furniture. Truly goes with the Brasov theme. Our view is spectecular and we're close to everything.
    Went out for a walk luckily the rain stopped. We truly get lucky with weather. Hoping and praying that's the case tomorrow for our tour.
    We enjoyed the beautiful Black Church. It's so close to our hotel. Did some shopping and walked through a beautiful park. Dinner was at DRACULAS RESTAURANT. Of course we went there because of the name. Great service John had ribs and I had some cabbage roll kinda meal. It was just OK. Loved the virgin Piña Colada.
    Walked around again after dinner and stopped at a few more shops. John bought a belt I bought some small souveniers.
    Had some gelato at a place just 3 doors down from our hotel. This could be dangerous.
    Back to the room, wash clothes and relax in the big tub.
    Read more