Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 10

    Tour today of Pele & Bran

    26 april 2023, Roemenië ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Excited about today as our tour starts at 8:30am. Woke up at 6:15am to get ready, have something for breakfast, get some cash and meet our tour guide.
    We decided to have breakfast at McDonald's. Not our first choice but it was open, warm and close to our pick up spot.
    Met our tour guide love when they're on time. Our first stop was Bran Castle. Absolutely beautiful on the outside and interesting on the inside. So many stairs and small stair walls. Some secret passages, some with nothing to hold on to but the walls, small steps, narrow and some absolutely not safe when wet. We made it thru and enjoyed it very much.
    Our next stop was Cetatea Rasnov a fortress which offered refuge to the towns people and villagers from the area in times of war. Pretty muddy walking up but the views were spectacular.
    Our next stop Pele's Castle. "WOW, just AMAZING. Beautiful on the outside, stunning on the inside. We were able to have lunch before starting our tour. John and I enjoyed mulled wine, hot cider, slices of pizza and a chocolate eclair.
    Loved that our guide got us ahead of the line. So many kids visiting and touring in Romania. We were only 6 including our guide which made it easy to maneuver around. The outdoors was just as beautiful as the inside. Luckily rain slowed down.
    Our tour ended at 4pm. We enjoyed the knowledge of our guide. Patient, nice, great driver and so knowledgeable.
    John and I relaxed for awhile and had an amazing dinner here at our hotel restaurant Wagner's Loft. Two drinks each, ceasar salad for John, french onion soup for me, a bone in ribeye 28 ounces, 2 potatoes and a lava cake to share all for $108. USD.
    Time to get our luggage ready as tomorrow we leave Brasov and go onto our last leg of the trip ~ London.
    Meer informatie