Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Until next time BRASOV

    April 27, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Packed up last night because this morning we woke up at 5am to have the square to ourselves. We wanted to get some photos without other people in it.
    We were out on the square by 6am. It was very, very cold 41 degrees felt like 4.
    Went back to our room changed clothes packed what we had on and got comfy.
    Walked over to Starbucks bought something hot to drink and hung out there for awhile. Walked around the square got some pics and bumped into our new friends we met on our tour to Bulgaria. We took photos together and of course got on each others FB. Lovely couple from New York both in the medical field.
    Went back to our room and decided to have breakfast there before our driver picked us up at 10:45am. A long morning already. Our driver Florin who lives in the mountains of Brasov was very nice and shared knowledge of the country with us. Scenery we saw on the way was beautiful green fields, cows, horses and sheep. Some of the towns we passed were nice other's were small with some work to be done on the homes.
    We arrived at Sibiu International Airport. It was a total of 3 hours. We arrived at the very small airport early. Thank goodness for Netflix.
    Loaded our plane on time and we are on a 3 hr flight to London. Arrived to foggy and rainy London. Picked up a taxi 2 hour drive to our hotel. John had to tell driver where to turn etc. Arrived at our hotel at 10pm. Not too happy with the hotel the room they gave us is nothing like the pictures on their website. John went downstairs spoke to manager and we got a bigger room but still looks nothing like we thought it would. It's now 11pm we are very tired. If it was earlier we would of looked for another hotel.
    Showered and got ready for bed boy were we tired. Tomorrow we go sightseeing.
    Read more