Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 13

    Last day in London

    29. huhtikuuta 2023, Englanti ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Excited about this morning John has reserved "BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S".
    Tiffany's Cafe' at Harrods. Enjoyed the decor, food, service and champagne. I was pretty surprised to have received a birthday card from the staff.
    The elevator at Harrods was pretty impressive or let's say different. So many watch shops and jewelery stores. John surprised me with a stop at Tiffany's where he bought me the heart chain bracelet I've been wanting. HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAY'S to ME!!!
    We took a walk back towards our hotel. Note we took a taxi to Harrods. A long walk but we took advantage of the sights.
    John stopped at BERETTA to check out the rifles of course. We then stopped at a cool cigar lounge James Fox Cigars. John enjoyed a good cigar and I had coffee and water which was a treat for being there. Took a puff of John's cigar not bad at all.
    We then took a taxi to an area that had so many little shops, hidden shops with lot's of people. We found the BowWow Pet store to get Baker some souveniers. Always a must do when traveling. Stopped at Starbucks for a few more souveniers then walked back to our hotel.
    Rested a bit then went to The Jack Horner restaurant for fish and chips. Had a delicious cider raspberry and pineapple drink. Hope we can find it at home.
    Walked back to our hotel and got ready to head towards the London Eye. Our reservation is for 8:30pm so we'll hang around in the area. Found a small shop with souveniers. Aisles were so narrow made it hard to look around.
    So many people around the area it was like Disneyland on a busy day. Line for the London Eye was very long. We tried getting tickets for a river cruise while we waited but they were all sold out.
    Found a bar/restaurant near by where we could hang out. Music was loud or was it just us being old farts. John got a beer and I just took sips of his. Glad he picked a delicious one.
    John got us Fast Track tickets so we were able to go thru security and right on to the pod. One must enter quickly as the pod is moving slowly. Views of London breathtaking as watching the sunset.
    We were lucky enough to quickly get a taxi and it was back to our hotel. Time to pack rearrange things in our bags to fly home tomorrow morning.
    Lue lisää