Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 188

    June 29-July 7

    July 7, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    Hwy 26 was closed due to an accident so we took the scenic route back to our home base. Though it added an hour to our trip it was a beautiful drive over Mt Hood to Hood River then west along the Columbia. We came home to a yummy birthday dinner prepared by Randy's mom, Sharon.
    Last Saturday we returned to our old neighborhood to attend Bubba's Bad Ass Barbecue for the first time in 5 years. Had a good time catching up with our former neighbors and eating Gary's delicious beef ribs. Thank you so much Gary and Barbara for your hospitality and friendship.
    Sunday the kids brought over two pizzas from Giuseppe's, Randy's favorite, to celebrate his 63rd birthday. We had a great afternoon visiting, playing gonad-a-toss, aka ladder ball, and enjoying the desserts made by Sharon.
    During the week we caught up on doctor appointments, picked raspberries, smoked five pastramis and visited family.
    Today we picked 6 gallons of blueberries with friends and family. Many thanks to Tom and Allison for allowing us to harvest their fantastic berries every year.
    After picking Jim (Allison's uncle) and Kathy came over for pie that I made from the last of last year's berries.
    Read more