Satelit
  • Hari 6

    Santa catarina View point lisbon

    11 Jun 2018, Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    this is literaly just above where we are staying. We didn't realize there was this big bridge like the golden gate bridge until we had gone to the Castle the other day, because we are down low under this view point by about 3 stories. We can see the restaurant, and hear the noise from the restaurant, but no view from our apartment. we also get a lot of music, as there are lots of street musicians at the view point at night. We just came from there this eve and someone was playing the sax. Very busy again, because tomorrow is the parade of St Anthony - the saint of the sardine ---- this parade is where different neighbourhoods will compete with each other for the best dance?? In the meantime streets are busy and noisy, and lots of music and drinking, although not as much as Saturday night.

    When you go up to the view point you see the bridge, the Ponte 25 de Abril. (25th of April Bridge-which commemorates the carnation revolution when Salazar was ousted) Built in 1966. train platform added in 1999. It looks like the Golden gate bridge, but was not the same company that built this one.

    There is a huge Christ statue on the other side, to the left of the bridge. It looks identical to the one in Cuba. Cristo Reio (Christ the King). Inspired by Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio De Janeiro.

    -Colins socks drying on the clothesline
    -Our deck with echeverias growing in the window box. we look down into a common courtyard shared by at least 3 units??
    -our apartment is below the orange building with the green shutters. we look out onto that yellow building with the peeling paint
    Baca lagi