Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Montevideo, Uruguay

    January 25, 2020 in Uruguay ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Let's start with this...we spent four days in Montevideo in 2018. The weather was very rough and instead of Punta del Este we were in Montevideo. This city is not very big on attractions, so last time we covered pretty much everything. We even had haircuts, manicure and pedicure here.
    This time we decided just walk around the city. We got out of the port and met crazy Israeli guy. He wanted to go to synagogue. Montevideo used to be heavy populated Jewish city. Not anymore, but there are still few synagogues.
    We decided to keep him a company and walk with him. The guy was lots of fun. We found this synagogue, but the gates were closed. The guard would not let us in and he did not speak English. That Israeli guy was insisting, telling him "I am a Jew". Even was trying to show that he can take his pans off and proof that he is Jewish. We were laughing so hard, but still no way to get into synagogue.
    After that, I managed to get a WIFI for few minutes and call Uber.
    There is a beach and a beautiful promenade along the ocean. The driver dropped us there and we took a long walk. Very peaceful and it wasn't very hot in the morning.
    We walked all the way back to the city, then turned inland. By 12:00 PM we found a restaurant with lots of good reviews. We ordered tapas sampler for 2 and a bottle of beer. Tapas were absolutely delicious.
    After lunch we walked and walked some more. Got a soccer t-shirt for Joshua and came back on the ship.

    To see more pictures go to the link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cQa96rsdiE6Nqrst6
    Read more