Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Ushuaia, Argentina

    February 5, 2020 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 45 °F

    Today our tour started at 8:00 AM. I organized this tour long time ago. It was supposed to be two 18 passengers buses, but only 10 people on each bus. I wanted lots of room for everyone. Unfortunately, they had one big bus for 20 people. There were still lots of room.

    The weather today was very good. Cold, but sunny.

    Today's tour was to visit Tierra del Fuego (Land of Fire) National Park, where we saw the most typical species of the sub-antarctic.
    Our first stop was the end of the world. It is the most southern point of South America.

    Then we stopped at the Acigami Lake with beautiful mountains in the background.

    Our last stop was the post office. The setting of this post office is very beautiful and it is the Southmost Post Office in the world. Lots of people were buying stamps and post cards and mailing them.
    Meanwhile, Boris and I went for a little hike.

    Then we were dropped at the ship and some people from our group went to the city.

    And now we are going on the Beagle Chanal toward Punta Arenas, Chili. This chanal named after the boat that Charles Darwin traveled in this area.
    To see pictures of this day go to the links: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UTbZYsUXR1FZ5JRh9 and https://photos.app.goo.gl/qGsctTTcUYofXE3UA
    Read more