Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 91

    Mayotto, French Comoros

    April 14, 2023 in Mayotte ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    That is what Google say about Mayotte:

    Mayotte is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean between Madagascar and the coast of Mozambique. It’s a department and region of France, though traditional Mayotte culture is most closely related to that of the neighboring Comoros islands. The Mayotte archipelago is surrounded by a coral barrier reef, which shelters a lagoon and marine reserve that are popular diving destinations.

    When I saw coral barrier reef in above description, I needed to go snorkeling.
    We read that the best beach for it is about one hour away from tender boat.

    So, six of us hired a taxi to take us there, then we thought, three hours on the beach and one hour back. Unfortunately, it took us two hours to reach that beach, then it was a long walk to the beach, some time spent with lemurs. I brought a banana for them and as soon as I got banana out, they jumped on me, I dropped banana and 🏃‍♀️.

    We settle on the beach, put our snorkeling gear on and went to find fish and corals.
    The water was as warm as a bathtub, but….no fish and no corals. One of our friends saw a turtle.
    We were a little concerned about how long it would take us to get back, so we packed and got back in the car that was waiting for us. The trip back took us an hour, no traffic.

    Back on the ship, we took shower, changed and had a lovely dinner all six of us in the Main Dinning Room.
    Read more