Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 24

    National Maritime Museum

    26 oktober 2022, Israël ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Arrived in Haifa yesterday by train and my apartment was just a couple minutes walk from the Bat Galim Station. Nice quiet location in this beachfront neighbourhood tucked behind the large institutions of the naval base/port and hospitals.
    The plan was to start the day with a walking tour of the Bat Galim area I am staying in. First stop was a local restaurant for the traditional Israeli breakfast of pita, hummus, chickpeas, parsley and pickles and onion. As usual, couldn't finish it. Stepped out and the weather had turned ugly. Thunder lightning and heavy rain by time I got to the hospital campus which was the start point. So looked up a bus and went to the next museum. Still got soaked.
    The Maritime museum is a smaller museum that had a bit of the history of ships in the Mediterranean. Crossroads of three continents for trade and all that. Models of the galley warships and lots of other ships.
    There was a short video on the techniques if underwater archaeology that was the most fascinating exhibit there.
    Of course there has to be a pirate exhibition. Nice section on maps too.
    Overall a nice little museum that is worth a quick stop if time permits, but a "second tier" attraction that today had the advantage of being dry inside.
    Meer informatie