Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Lisbon to Porto by train

    May 16 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We woke early to get ready for our 3 1/2 hour train ride to Porto this morning. We walked out of our Airbnb to find Lou's Cafe open just below us. Lou is our Airbnb host. I had s rambled eggs, bacon and toast with a flat white coffee(thinking of you guys Jacob & Nikki)👌Anthony had French toast and Andrew and Joanne had yoghurt, granola and fruit bowls.
    Lou said to contact him if we refer others as he can give better deals and has other Airbnb options. We ordered up our Uber who got us to Santa Appalonia Train Station in plenty of time to find our train and car. We had a smooth train ride and once in Porto ubered to our Boa Vista hotel. It is right on the ocean and the temperatures were much cooler here with winds and a bit of rain. We stored our bags until check in time and walked to find a pharmacy ( a bit of a stuffy nose settling in) and found the Amelia Restaurant. It had a picture of Amelia the dog. The story of the restaurants are based on Olivia and her dogs which you can read in the pictures.
    It was a most excellent lunch of burgers with an amazing curry mayo and Nase Goreng and flat white coffees. We checked in and had some much- needed down time for a few hours. Anthony, Joanne & Andrew walked to the grocery store for meats, cheeses, bread, crackers, beet hummus, guacomole, carrots, tomatoes, chips &cherries for a charcuterie dinner. Joanne picked up some beautiful desserts. We shared the chocolate cake and fruit & custard pavlova. To end our evening we booked a 3 hour walking tour of Porto for the morning.
    Read more