Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 159

    Sat 11 May. Seattle. USA

    May 11 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The flight into Seattle was very picturesque with a lovely view of the snowy peaks and very fluffy clouds.

    We stayed in a pretty neighborhood, with some huge houses and a lovely park and on Wednesday wandered round Pike Market, which was like a rabbit warren with lots of little passages and a mixture of shops, stalls and cafes but no flying fish, a speciality of the fish traders there apparently. Also saw the first ever Starbucks but resisted joining the queue and still not been in one even though they are everywhere - tried to stick with smaller local places.

    Took a ferry across to Bremerton, some glorious views over the water with the mountains as a backdrop but the windows needed a good clean so no photo opportunities.

    Joe Biden flew in on Friday for a couple of days on his campaign trail - he didn't get to see us we were too busy 🤔😁😁 ....but he did cause a few traffic jams.

    For an American city it was quite open and not full of skyscrapers. However, the streets had lots of drugged up homeless people on them, the smell of pot was overwhelming as we walked around and we were asked if we wanted any drugs. On Saturday night we went past the local train station we had used several times, there were masses of police - turned out someone had been stabbed and died.

    Lovely little local brewery though.

    Https.//www.elysianbrewing.com

    So we had mixed feelings about Seattle. Now we're on the Amtrak train to Vancouver for the next part.
    Read more