Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 34

    Day 34: Phi Phi Islands

    16 November 2023, Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    What a day between paradise and mass tourism! Yesterday evening, we spontaneously booked a speed boat tour for today, going to the Phi Phi Islands.

    The day started at Ao Nang Pier. From the moment of the check-in onwards we had continuously slight rain for this day. After a boat ride of about 45 min, we arrived at THE Beach / Maya Bay - famous for the homonymous film. Honestly, my first impression was simply "Oh my god"! About 20 boats were surrounding a very small pier with the corresponding number of people on it. After a short walk, we arrived at the spot, which obviously has been crowded - but less than I had expected. Indeed, even with the light rain, it has been one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been at.

    The next stop was not better regarding the number of boats. People went swimming around, however for safety reasons we decided to stay on the boat. Further we passed by the Monkey beach and stopped at a spot again close by for snorkeling. This time, we went also for a swim into the crystal clear water.

    Lunch has been served at Phi Phi Don, the main island, which also is very beautiful but unfortunately very very touristy too.

    The last stop of the day was at bamboo island, where the rain finally stopped! Again, the beach was amazing and the water even clearer!

    After the ride back to Ao Nang, the tour was over. It has been a very interesting tour with beautiful spots. But tourism leaves it's negative impacts more than obviously...
    Baca lagi