Satellite
  • Day 50

    Day 50 Kununurra

    June 2, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today we went exploring around Kununurra.
    The first place we stopped at was the Mirima National Park. The park is known locally as the "mini Bungle Bungles'. As we missed out on seeing the real thing these rock formations were the next best.
    It was a very rocky path with lots of spinifex shrubs. The spinifex shrubs were very sharp and cut/scratched my legs. We were also looking for rock wallabies along the way but sadly didn't spot any.
    After the Mirima National Park we checked out the Ivanhoe Crossing, which is a concrete causeway that was built over the Ord River and remains in flow year round.
    Next was a cafe called 'the Hoochery'. 'The Hoochery' is a locally made rum factory.
    Then we visited a sandalwood factory. Sandalwood is a type of tree that is used for oil, cosmetics, incense, and decorations.
    After the sandalwood shop we went shopping to get Ryley some eye drops because his eyes have been very red for the past day.
    We went back to the park to go swimming and to watch 'Gummy' get fed again with the Jabiru. While we were admiring the Jabiru, Jess started approaching it, it must have felt threatened because it tried to peck Jessica's bum. Jess does not like jabirus anymore.
    Tomorrow we will still be in Kununurra and will be going back to visit Lake Argyle.
    Read more