Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Out and About

    August 25, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    Ok, we have had a little rest from today's adventure and time to walk around Sapa City Centre.

    Lots of little stores, mainly selling hiking gear, and restaurants. It is not very busy yet as most people are resting after their outings. I am sure they will be out tonight in an hour or so.

    We went to a little cafe for a coffee and still lots of girls coming to ask 'you buy from me" everywhere you go you are asked "you buy from me" and John being John keeps humouring them until they eventually walk away with nothing sold.

    After coffee we continued investigating the town and working out where we are to have dinner. I went for a foot and leg massage, so cheap $5 for 30 min. It really hurt not because she was massaging hard but my legs are just so sore, although now they feel a lot better. This is great not that we will be doing much walking tomorrow but the roads are more like tracks with large pot holes and cars and motor bikes everywhere and you have to move quickly or they will just run into you so now I can move a little better.

    Rest time, then cocktails in the hotel bar before heading to dinner.
    Read more