Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Back in Old Town

    September 1, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 31 °C

    The drive was quite good just 1 stop at the usual government tourism building.

    Arriving back at our hotel the room was ready, the were still apologizing for the power issue and discounted our room US$20 and offered me a jacuzzi for 30 min. We said yes to the US$20 but no to the jacuzzi.

    John and I had read about a cafe that Obama and Anthony Bourdain had visiting when Obama was President so we had to try that

    We took a cab ride as it was a bit of a distance from our hotel. The Bun Cha was one of the best meals we have had in Hanoi. The cab ride took 10 min there, to eat took 20 min, then the ride back another 10 min. The streets of the Old Quarter around our hotel are closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights as they have street markets. The resturants move their furniture further out on to the streets so we had to walk from the taxi which was around 5 min. In all it was about the same costs in cab fares as it was to eat and took the same time there and back as it did to eat but is certainly was worth it.

    We wandered around the markets for a little while and then purchased some Vietnamese coffee beans to bring home before going back to the hotel to pack for the following day.
    Read more