Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Sunbakers

    August 9, 2023 in Albania ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Although we were staying in Himare for 2 nights, because our accommodation cancelled on us, and the replacement only had availability for one night, we were once again forced into a checkout deadline. Being viciously hungover, this problem was getting very annoying. We were yet to stay anywhere for more than a night, and so a decent sleep in became impossible to come by. At least this time, we were only driving across the small town of Himare, rather than a decently long drive.

    Tonight, we were staying at Sunbakers hostel, the first hostel we had stayed in since we got the car. We began joking that we were officially vacationers rather than travellers as the last few days of living in luxury had made us spoilt and weak. Despite months of hostel living, it did take some adjustment to get back used to the lifestyle. But it was good to be social again and try and meet new people.

    As we checked into the hostel, we had been recommended to go to a very secluded beach that requires you to repel down via a rope. Although quite dangerous, it meant that it was quieter. That being said, there was no shade, so we had to spend most of our time in the water so that we didn't burn up. It was worth it though as the beach was beautiful and the temperature was fantastic. It was one of the nicest beaches I have been to in Europe. We then walked along some of the main beaches in Himare, and it made us glad to have gone to the more secluded one. The other beaches were busy and quite small, but it was still nice if you could find a spot.

    Unfortunately, the nightlife in Himare is quite lacking, but we enjoyed just staying at the hostel, drinking, and playing cards in the afternoon. We were then treated to one of the nicest sunsets I had seen in a while. So the three of us parked up with a pizza and a beer to watch it from the hostel. It was a good way to end the afternoon and begin the night. We ended up drinking quite heavily again, and it was early morning before we headed to bed. Because we were heading south again tomorrow, we were once again given a check out deadline, much to my disgust.
    Read more