Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Exploring Chambord's Enchanting Castle

    September 2, 2023 in France ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    It was dark and quiet when Sylvie, Awen, Nessy, and I embarked on our much-anticipated adventure to Bretagne and Normandy. The early morning hours held a sense of excitement as we left home at 4 am, ready to embrace the beauty and history of this charming region.

    By noon, we found ourselves standing in awe before the majestic Château de Chambord, a masterpiece of Renaissance architecture that seemed to have sprung from a fairytale. As we wandered through its grand halls and intricate staircases, it was impossible not to be captivated by the grandeur of this French icon.

    After our tour of the castle, we ventured outside to soak in the natural wonders that surrounded us. The picturesque canal that winds through the estate offered a tranquil setting for a leisurely walk. The sight of red deer and wild boar in their natural habitat added a touch of magic to our day, reminding us of the untamed beauty of nature that thrives in these parts.

    As the sun began its descent, casting a warm, golden glow over the landscape, we found the perfect spot to witness a breathtaking sunset. Sylvie, Awen, Nessy, and I sat in silence, sharing this moment of serenity together.

    With our hearts full and our legs tired from a day of exploration, we made our way back to our cozy hotel, grateful for the unforgettable experiences of our first day of the trip. This was just the beginning of our journey, and we couldn't wait to see what adventures awaited us in the days ahead.
    Read more