Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Signs, Sights & Singing

    September 1, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 31 °C

    Today. Was. Epic.

    We booked a tour around the Neon Museum just north of the Las Vegas strip. It's a non-profit organisation who take old neon signs from the Strip and restore some of them also. The tour guide Brett was incredibly knowledgeable and it's well worth a few hours away from the main hubbub of the casinos.

    We went on to North Vegas Premium Outlet Mall for some proper retail therapy! Managed to get myself some sweet trainers and training kit! Along with a 'Sleeping Beauty' mug from the Disney outlet store (yes, I did get further discount! WOOHOO!)

    At this point, we dashed back to the hotel because we were getting picked up for our HELICOPTER TOUR!!! OMG. So good. Flew out over Lake Mead and we landed about 10 miles into the Grand Canyon, stopping for a glass of champagne and snacks! We headed back via Boulder City and down the Strip. It was expensive but so, so, so worth it.

    Finally, we headed up to The Mirage to see "Love" - by Cirque Du Soleil. It's was really good, although I wonder if I'd have appreciated it more had I grown up in the 60s/70s.

    We're leaving Vegas tomorrow, I will be sad to leave because the city is fun, but I won't miss the cost.
    Read more