Satellite
  • Day 9

    Day one in Cape Town

    February 17, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    The flight to Cape Town goes fast and easy, and soon it is time to get our second car! This time a Ford Fiesta that we like immediately.

    We go directly to the hotel because we want to have time later to explore the city.

    The hotel is nice and clean and gives a familiar idea of “hostel” even if it is not.

    Immediately we go exploring starting from the botanical gardens on the bottom of Table Mountain. We take lunch in a pretty restaurant in the middle of the park and then we go walking around. All the tourists that we didn’t see in Pretoria are now here and we feel more comfortable going around. The main attraction of the park is a tree bridge built on top of trees that gives a really nice view on the park and the city.

    After the botanical garden we move to Table Mountain. What an experience!!! A cable car turning 365 degrees takes people to the top of the mountain giving amazing view of the city and of the nature of the mountain. We stay on the top for a long time, taking pictures of the panorama, hiking around and looking at Dessies. We stay there until sunset and the view is stunning!

    When it gets dark a huge alarm informs tourists that is time to take the cable car back. Sadly we go back to the bottom and we go looking for food. We decide to go in the area of Hard Rock Cafe, ti buy t-shirt and have dinner. Finally we find a nice restaurant selling fish instead of the usual steak and we enjoy our prawns and fish a lot!

    We take a walk in the area, Fuffi buys her t-shirt and we go back to the hotel! It is so late compared to the other days! Happy and satisfied by the city and the sun we go to sleep.
    Read more