Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Drive to Abel Tasman

    June 7, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Woke up early this morning. Didn't get much sleep due to the uncomfortable bunk beds and the toilet constantly running. Luckily we didn't hear the loud drunk people as we were the other side of the hostel.

    We all set off early, we all wanted to get out of the hostel as quickly as could. We then drove to do a hike up to the centre of New Zealand Monument in Nelson. (See the centre of NZ information below) it took only 20 minutes to reach the top and we had 360 degree views over the city, the sea and the hills.

    Next we drove to Tahunanui beach. The sun was shining and there were lots of dogs running around. We then went to Richmond for a food shop at pac n save to stock up for the next few days as we knew there wouldn't be a supermarket where we were staying. We had another scenic drive today surrounded by mountains and hills going up windy roads.

    We checked in to the the barn holiday park about 3pm. We are staying in a campsite but we are staying in luxury here as we have our own room and comfortable beds. The holiday park is right on the beach at the abel tasman, its a beautiful spot. We walked down to the beach this afternoon and booked a kayak tour which we are all excited about! Ashleigh and I went for a walk early evening to porters beach. It was a little cold but it was a nice evening. We spotted a big brown bird looked a bit like a kiwi but bigger.
    Read more