Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10 - Lakes Entrance to Melbourne

    January 13, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Up early today for a 7am departure. A 4-hour drive first to Dandenong where some work was done on the caravan. Then off to Sandringham to have lunch and coffee with Peter’s sister and husband before completing the journey over the Westgate Bridge in the afternoon peak hour (oh joy for joy)😳 to Pete’s other sister’s house in Werribee. We will stay here for the next 6 days while visiting family and friends.
    One of the main objectives of this trip is the shakedown of our caravan to get used to using it, finding out what works, what doesn’t work, what we need, and what we don’t need. Overall the van has gone very well and is very comfortable. We are very happy with it. Nevertheless we have had a couple of problems. The shower drained very slowly and would fill with water when the kitchen or bathroom sinks were used. This was a real nuisance. A faulty Hepvo valve was found to be the cause and today it was replaced under warranty in Dandenong. The Enerdrive DV2DC charger has also had a problem and is not charging the batteries from the car alternator. We think the cause is a faulty charger, however we have loads of solar (920W) on board which has kept the batteries fully charged. So we will wait until returning home before having this fixed.
    For the next 6 days until 19 January we will be visiting family and friends in Melbourne. So we do not intend uploading any more travel blogs until 19 January when our trip back to Noosa commences again. Our blogs will resume from 19 January.
    Read more