Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 16

    Day 16 - Melbourne to Torquay

    19 gennaio 2023, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Back on the road again…. Over the last 6 days we have been busy and have travelled every day via the road works nightmare across the Westgare Bridge to visit family and friends on the eastern side of Melbourne. It was so nice to see Lisa, Steven & Or, Susan & John , as well as number of our other friends. We had lovely evening dinners thanks for the culinary skills of Mark & Sue and Rod & Elle. So overall a very pleasant and worthwhile time catching up with people we have not seen since the COVID lockdowns.

    Today however it was time to bid farewell to Jenny & Nader and to thank them for their kind hospitality and begin the journey back to Noosa. Yes Noosa is north of Melbourne, but today we headed further south to visit our friends Rod & Lynn who live 6 months of the year in Torquay and the remaining 6 months in Noosa. Coincidentally last year they bought an identical caravan to ours and have it stored near Torquay. So our first job today was to drive to Torquay and drop off the caravan near Rod & Lynn’s place.

    After unhitching we headed off down the Great Ocean Road to Anglesea, Airey’s Inlet, and Lorne. The GOR is one of the world’s most famous drives. Extending 243km along the southern surf coast of Victoria the GOR was constructed during the Great Depression and kept many men employed during those dark times. It includes one of Australia’s famous tourist attractions - the 12 Apostles. However today we only went as far as the coastal tourist town of Lorne. The weather has been cool and cloudy so the sea was not the spectacular blue colour it can be on a sunny day. It was still a very nice drive and a sushi lunch in Lorne was very enjoyable.

    Then back to Torquay by mid-afternoon to spend the rest of the day and evening with Reporters d & Lynn. Lots of caravan talk over a delicious dinner cooked by Lynn. A really nice social evening in their lovely home.
    Leggi altro