Satellite
Show on map
  • Ready to go!

    April 16, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The “big picture” planning is complete and we know the route we will be taking. No doubt there will be changes as we go along as we like to stay flexible and adapt to what we see and do. However for now we have a plan that gets activated when we start our trip tomorrow.
    There has already been one change. David, Katrina, Josh, & Nathan got back from their Victorian trip earlier than expected so tomorrow we will catch up with them before they go to school. Yes you read correctly “BEFORE they go to school”, and this means we have to get up at 3am tomorrow and hit the road by 4am in order to get to the Gold Coast before 7am so we can spend a little bit of time with them. So it will be an early night for us tonight!!
    The caravan packing is also complete with food for a few days and a variety of clothes to cope with the warmer temps in Queensland and the expected cooler temps in South Australia.
    The caravan (nicknamed “Jovelita”) is clean and tidy (for now!) and looks good as it waits for hitching onto our LC200 (nicknamed “Merlot”) in the dark tomorrow morning. The van looks good with a couple of new external graphics including a nice Australian silhouette on the front showing the two of us and Chanel, and a map of Australia on the back which we hope to fill up with our travels over the next few years.
    So the wait is over and we pull out of Riverbreeze Avenue tomorrow. The adventure begins!
    Read more