Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Noosa - Ballina via Varsity Lakes

    April 17, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    What is that noise? What is the time? 3am!! Whaaaat!! An alarm clock at 3am!! Deja Vu, is it time to get up to crew a flight? OK, it’s time to get up so we can see the grandkids on the Gold Coast at 6:30am. So up we get, a quick coffee, and out to hitch up the van, and sure enough we are underway in the dark heading for Varsity Lakes just before 4am.
    The look on Nathan’s face when he saw us at the front door at 6:30am was worth the early start! He was so happy, and especially when we gave him his birthday present!!
    We spent about 1.5 hours with the kids and Katrina and David before they went off to school. We then had a nice breakfast at the Blackboard cafe before we hit the road again heading for Ballina and Alstonville to see our friends Kim & Carol.
    We set up camp in a nice spot at the Alstonville Showgrounds and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with Kim & Carol. A very pleasant time, except for the weather which was blowing a gale outside!!!
    After such an early start it was nice to finally snuggle up in the caravan for a good nights sleep….
    Read more