Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Hopping on and off in Singapore

    December 29, 2013 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we used the hop on & hop off bus to go around attractions. First place we visited was the Singapore flyer, at 165m the world's tallest observation wheel. It was actually pretty good offering nice views of Singapore's skyline.

    [PHOTO_ID_L=view-from-flyer.jpg] We then move across Marina Bay to the Fullerton hotel and the Merlion, excellent views of Marina Sandy Bays hotel quite a landmark in Singapore, sort of like Petrones twin towers in KL. We had some photos with the Merlion, bought some souvenirs and walked across Fullerton rd bridge to the river front, Cavenaugh bridge, pass the Asian civilzation museum and Sir Raffles statue.

    We then jumped on the hoho bus again, went to Chinatown and then back to the Esplanade to have some lunch, to our surprise we found a Peruvian restaurant!!!!!

    After lunch we strolled along the huge and futuristic Gardens by the bay, just behind Marina Bay Sands, the place is really impressive.

    Finally we did a whole loop around the city using the hoho bus finishing at Raffles city mall for some well deserved dinner. We we really exhausted. It was interesting to see Orchard rd lined with modern malls offering international brands, not necesarilly the cheapest prices but really crowded.

    Anyway, as I am typing these lines I am also planning tomorrow's visit to Sentosa island.....let the fun begin
    Read more