Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sentosa island

    December 30, 2013 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We explored Sentosa today, lots of fun, lots of people.

    I got the train mixed up so we ended up taking the 60 minutes ride on the great circle line rather than the North East. When we finally reached the Harbour front station, we rushed for the cable car terminal, of course we were prepared to pay the $26 for this ride.

    The line to get tickets for the cable car was kilometric and moved really slow but finally we got in the car. The views as we approached Sentosa were remarkable, Universal Studios on one side, Siloso beach in the background, etc, etc.

    Not many people when we arrived, around 10am and we went straight for the Luge, we did it a few years ago in Queenstown and was great fun. Of course it didn't disappoint us. We did it 3 times!!!!

    After the Luge we went for the massive Merlion and the plaza and then to Universal Studios. Unfortunately the twin roller coaster is still closed, so we just passed this time.

    Having lunch at Malay food village was a real challenge. Almost impossible to get a table, waiting time 30 minutes, even walking was really hard. The wait was worthy, the clay pot chicken rice was just superb.

    After lunch we went to the Merlion and then to Beach station, where we had to decide between Ifly or Gogreen, we finally decided for Gogreen because of my wife. It turned out to be really good fun.

    Time to explore Siloso beach, where a big party is planned for tomorrow's new years eve, and my wife started to feel bad, tonsilitis or she caught some virus, something normal with so may people around. Unfortunately we missed the megazip and went back to the hotel, we really needed at least two days to explore Sentosa.

    We had some takeaway for dinner and then have to nurse her.
    Read more