Satellite
  • Day 22

    FINNS Beach club

    August 3, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    On August 3rd, we were up at 7 am with possibly the worlds worst hangover!!! And a major panic that Hope had lost her purse... don't worry Sue and Charles she found it :))))

    Luckily we got a couple hours more sleep before getting up at 10.30 to go to Finns Beach Club to meet Bron (Hope's friend from home) and her boyfriend Andy. We went back to the cafe at the end of the street for another fruit juice and quick breakfast, then got a bluebird to Finns (and ended up being late ... as per!).

    Finns Beach Club is AMAZING!!! It made Potato Head look terrible. It is much newer, and so everything is so modern. The staff are amazing, and were giving us towels etc before we even stepped in to the door. It's also a lot more quieter. Bronn had already reserved a bed so we had a huge double bed next to the beach for the whole day! The waiters and waitresses came round non-stop and could not be any more helpful if they tried. I had such a bad headache, but one of the waiters was back within 2 minutes with some paracetamol, and couldn't help enough.
    It was so much cheaper as well! Considering these are big beach huts, similar (but obviously nowhere near as good) as Ocean Beach - it is so cheap!!! In order to reserve a bed, there is just a minimum spend of 1.6 million (only approximately ...) which is only a fraction of the price of Ocean Beach, Ibiza.

    We stayed there from 12 until about 9.30 pm and had the most perfect day. Only downside was the cloudy weather. We had so many drinks, and had both lunch and dinner there. Hope had a burger which she said was the nicest burger she has ever had, and I had quesadillas which were so good. Then later on we shared nachos - which were easily the best nachos we have ever had!!! We ate so much that we had a nap.

    It was ladies day, so I got my nails painted for free. They had a DJ on all day, but at night time, as it was ladies day, they had some male dancers who were bringing females up on stage. Between 8-10 pm, it was happy hour so Hope and I had 4 cocktails for the price of 1 (which was only about 7 pounds) so very happy indeed!

    Another brilliant day! And it only came to around £40 each which is amazing considering the amount of food and alcohol we had. We were so tired by the end that we got a bluebird back (this is when the taxi driver told us off for not walking away from the taxi ranks and explained what they do in order to stop them from coming to certain areas).

    We had an early night as we had a 6 am alarm set to catch the fast boat to the Gili Islands.
    Read more