Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Meeting an old friend

    March 25, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    The following day saw us decide that the mattress definitely needed a topper of some sort, but we had slept well and confirmed that the bed was just about long enough for Nick. We headed off to Somerset Motorhomes for some further help with a couple of minor issues we had, which they easily fixed, before heading of to meet with Nick and Tracy Boyland, Nick worked with Nick when they were both living in Germany and they hadn't met up since 1984! It was like they had not been apart and the two of them just picked up where they left off and we all had a fun few hours chatting over lunch.

    When we came to leave Heimo would not start, but we were still in Taunton and we rang the guys from Somerset Motorhomes and they sent a mechanic over who tested the battery and decided we should have a new one. He went off and picked one up, fitted it and checked it was all working fine. It should be said the al round buying experience and support from this company has been excellent throughout and we would certainly recommend them to anyone.

    After leaving Nick and Tracy, who had gone off for a spin in Nick's Jaguar XK soft top, we headed north for our overnight stopover near Hereford.
    Read more