Satellite
  • Day 10

    Visitor Center, Zion National Park

    August 16, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    The big kids are off hiking Angel's Landing! It's the quintesential Zion hike as you go up 1,488 vertical feet over 5 miles hiking through Walter's Wiggles, a series of switchbacks, and then walk across the "Landing" using chains bolted into the rock to help you climb the steep terrain. There are 1,200 foot drop-offs on either side as you climb! Certainly not for the faint of heart. The best part is the summit where you have 360˚ panoramas from the “Landing,” and landmarks like Big Bend, Cathedral Mountain, and Cable Mountain, as well as the Virgin River and the Great White Throne can be seen. Looking forward to hearing all about it when they return!

    Patrick and Sarah explored the campground and nearby river. Found a campervan all the way from Germany!!! See the last picture for proof. Made sure to get Zion rocks in the pic since Patrick still cannot say "Alemania" quite yet. Though he can say "ardilla" (squirrel) quite well! Grampy, does Germany earn more? $5? They did have to bring their vehicle across the Atlantic Ocean!

    A perfect morning in Zion!
    Read more