Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Day 33: Villaharta to Mina Guillermin

    June 8, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    Day 33, Villaharta to Mina Guillermin, 16.5km.
    It rained for most of the day, which was good for the countryside around us.
    Leaving Villaharta, we followed the road towards Pozoblanco, then after 2.5km the wet bitumen gave way to wet dirt roads.
    When we came to a fork in the road, the arrows told us to take a path that strangely enough, led us to a makeshift gate, which made us doubt. We carried on anyway, and we were happy to do so. The path, which follows a via pecuaria, even if in places it looked like a rivulet, was magnificent!
    It took us to the ford over the Río Guadalbarbo. The ford was made so that we could cross it even if the water covered the path.
    Our beautiful path led us to an unsealed road. We had to be careful here, as it was a bit slippery. Not slippery for the few ewes that seemed to have escaped from a nearby pen.
    Another fork in the road, and we were on the last three kilometres to our destination. There was no let-up in the rain, and the paths were like streams. A mojón caught in the current didn't budge.
    We finally arrived, soaking wet, at the accommodation offered by Rosa at the Mina Guillermin. In 2021, a forest fire destroyed everything except the house. Rosa and her partner Javier are working to rebuild everything. They are building two wooden cottages that will serve as albergues for pilgrims. For today, they are making one of their rooms available to us, and preparing meals for us. I don't know of any other accommodation for pilgrims where you can dry your clothes and warm up in front of a nice fire!
    Read more