Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Day 34: Mina Guillermin to Alcaracejos

    June 9, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Day 34, from Mina Guillermin to Alcaracejos, 22.9km.
    This stage should have been a little shorter. As we left Mina Guillermin, a bit of blue sky perhaps presaged a fine day ahead. But no, we had showers this morning. All this water, which is good for the farmers, the orchards and the fiels, left large puddles and streams on the paths.
    The San Juan fountain, in the middle of the Villaharta to Alcaracejos stage, is the only drinking water point for those setting off on this long stage.
    The arroyos follow one another, as do the undulations of the road.
    We were warned that there would be a ford, with steppingstones. But with all the water of the last three days, the Río Cuzna has swollen so much that the stones are no longer visible. The water is opaque and full of silt. I try to get through by feeling the stones with my feet, but it's not easy. All it would take is one false step and it would be a disaster. So we decide to turn back and go over the road, where there's a bridge. This diversions will add 4km to the day.
    This gave us the opportunity to pass a few cows, which don't often see pilgrims.
    When we get back on the Camino, it's a path and country roads that take us to Alcaracejos.
    This evening, we spend the night at the Hostal Las Tres Jotas.
    Read more