Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    The Gopher State Blog- USA-Reise1 Tag 15

    July 28, 2012 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Hey Guys, its me, Bensen!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Our last full day here was just awsome. We slept to 10am, and than sat down for a little breakfest with Tim, the oldest of Carols children. It was realy nice, Carol made eggbags for us. We just chilled a little bit to 12 pm, when Nathan came over to pick us up for a special guided tour to Minneapolis. So after showing him the pictures of our Lake Superior trip, we just got on the road.
    In Minneapolis, we first went to a sculpture park, with a lot of cool stuff and a sculpture called "Spoonbridge and Cherry". It was al little bit difficult for David to figure out the spoon for a while.^^
    Then we walked into the town - "the town of lakes and parks". And thats true. A lot of green, and a lot of water, surrounded by wonderful big american houses. So we ambled trough the streets of downtown, watching the skyscrapers and little streets. Really Beautiful.

    Minneapolis has a walkway system over the streets, connecting the houses. So if its cold in winter, you do not have to leave the building at all. After Crossing the Missisippi, we ate lunch at the "Wilde Roast Cafe". Very delicious, Nathan really knows where the good stuff is. So we went on, back to downtown over the old stone arch bridge, enjoying the view over the skyline and the old mills of Minneapolis.

    After visiting the observation decks of the Guthrie Theatre, we walked back to the car and passed the town hall and the new baseball stadium.
    Than Nathan showed us Uptown and the three biggest lakes by car. We returned at 7pm, where we had to say good bye to our guide. Thank you very much for that great day!! After our pork-bun-bbqsauce supper, we went over once again to the house with the pool and the hot tub. Just awesome. We played cards and teached Stephen some german card games, went swimming in the pool, and laughed a lot. Sleeping time was at nearly 5am. But our last evening here needed to be celebrated.
    So the day of leaving is here, one more blog will follow.
    Bye Bye, hug you!
    Read more