Satellite
  • Jour 18

    2€ half empty beer... Good price

    7 juillet 2016, Espagne ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    So we got up around 9am to get ready to do the hop on, hop off bus in Barcelona. Before we headed over to the main stop, we of course stopped to pick up some fresh juices & fruit again (sooooo good).

    We went over to the station & got our tickets that were good for both lines. Sitting on the top floor in the beating sun, we started our adventure. The morning we got to see all the different beaches in barcelona, the olympic stadium, the world trade center, and the sagrada familia. We wanted to go into the sagrada familia but they had no physical tickets left, we looked online but they only had tickets for 6:30. So we spent some time sitting outside enjoying the view of the building and all the detailed work. & Fun fact the Sagrada Familia is still not completed & they are still working on it. After getting back on the bus, we saw a few more sights & went back to city center for lunch.

    We met one of our australian roomates that we had all the way back in Ireland for lunch. She is traveling for 9 months across the EU, Africa, Canada, US, mexico, and back up the us where she will celebrate her 21st birthday in Vegas. We obviosuly convienced her to add Montreal to her trip since shell already be in canada.

    After lunch, we headed back on to the hop on hop off bus to do the other side of the city. Ps. Barcelona is HUGE. We went to Camp Nou Stadium but it was unfortunetly already closed so we decided we'd go back tomorrow. We went to the top of Tibidabo to get a beautiful panoramic view of barcelona.

    We went back to our place to get our bathing suits on to go to the beach to cool off. We ended up buying a bottle of wine & I bought my beach blanket that ive had my eye on since we got there. We wanted to take it easy because we knew we were going to travel the next day. So after breanna & I finishing the bottle of wine within 20 minutes, I ventured to go find more beer. Another 2 beer later, we got kicked off the beach just so that they can clean. We met 3 lovely girls from England & invited them to sit with us.

    Let me tell you, this blanket was magical. At some point during the night.... Dont ask me when, cause i have no idea. There were about 25 people around this blanket from all over Europe. (England, france, ireland, oh & also some russians)

    We swam in the ocean, drank beer & listened to music until 5:30 am (we tried to make it to sunrise...)

    The best part about this night, some guy bought all the beer for everyone. There is venders on the beach who will sell you beer for 1€ each... Which is a good price... But when they walk buy every 2 minutes... Not such a good deal. The only way to get rid of them is to try to sell the beer they just sold you back to them, already open, for double the price.

    After stumbling home at 5:30, we made it safe to our place which felt like 500000000000 degrees & slept for 4 hours.... Alllll because we wanted to have a relaxing bottle of wine on the beach.
    En savoir plus