Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 16

    Day 16 - Thursday - Point Turton

    16. toukokuuta, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Got up early with the sun 7.30 haha - strange place. Washing everything as its a beautiful day. Wayne connected the greywater pipe into the system, we usually just have a bucket. Jobs done now off to explore.

    Warooka was a small country town, then into Yorketown which was surprisingly big, picked up a couple of things from the bottle shop, Foodworks & Chemist.

    I asked for directions to the Pink Lakes, got sent to the Tourist Information Centre as the lady couldn't tell me. Anyway we checked out a couple but they aren't Pink - just salt. Nevermind, I'm sure we will find some along the way.

    Then off to Edithburgh, interesting sign as you come into town, There is an amazing horse made from bits and pieces - she is called 'Edith the Draughthorse'. The Wind Turbines around the town are crazy, so many. Bought Fish n Chips to have at the Jetty (Wayne is going fishing tomorrow). Really impressed with King George Whiting. Then drove around 'the Heal of the foot' see yesterday's map.

    The road wound around the edge of the coast which went from flat beaches to high cliffs, very clear water and still no wind (fingers crossed it stays that way). Not sure if I'm happy that is only 22 deg so too cold to swim as there are the White Pointer Sharks down here so the temptation isn't that bad.

    Saw a couple of Painted Silos, the second one was especially bright. Lots of dirt roads around this beautiful coastline but in good condition. Saw a pod of Dolphins herding some bait and something bigger, maybe salmon, onto the rocks and having a good feed.

    We are blown away by the Seagulls down here, they are huge compared to ours at home, Wayne recons they are threatening him, 'either feed me or we will attack'.

    Went to a Tackle shop as Wayne forgot is Filleting Knife - good vibes for tomorrows fishing day. Also got some bait, covering all his bases with bait and lures.

    Nearly back to Point Turton and noticed a massive fire in the distance, hope it is just a farmer burning off. Fuelled up at Yorketown $1.959
    Lue lisää