Satellit
  • Tag 706

    CDMX

    5. Dezember 2021 in Mexiko ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    T minus 3, 2, 1, hasta la vista Mexico.

    I spent my last 3 days in Mexico City where I treated myself like a king. I slept in private rooms and ate entire cows in the restaurants. However my choice of accommodation was not as good as expected. The Airbnb I spent two nights in, was more like a hostel with small cells. Another hostel guest, two cells right of mine snored louder than the carnival Guggemusig of Switzerland. I decided to hit the nightlife again and returned to my cell around 4 in the morning. My strategy worked out well. I was totally exhausted and super sleepy after partying like a monkey thus felt asleep like a Guinea pig coated in a soft blanket.

    On the very last day I visited a church in the north of the City and changed to a hotel near the airport. I ordered some mole oxacaceño on UberEats to finalize my Mexican trip with some delicious traditional food.

    December 6. I went to the airport but the metro train was acting weird. On two stations without any announcement it stoped for 10 minutes. Nevertheless I made it on time to the airport and it went surprisingly easy. Nobody asked for any Covid tests or vaccination certificates.

    My stopover in Bogota was a pinch more tricky. Although I did my research about the stopover I couldn’t find any information about what is. We’re to continue my flight to Rio de Janeiro. Once I was waiting at the gate some airline assistant went from seat to seat and asked for a PCR test result. I told the young lady that I need a couple minutes to get the rest from the mail server.

    I grabbed my stuff and went immediately to another gate where I had time to fake my PCR test. Luckily I have a decent repository of old PCR tests from all over Latin America. Once I had my test ready, I returned to the gate and queued in line then it was boarding time. At the shelter I showed my test result. Once again they didn’t even check the name or date on the test. They only zoomed to the word negativo and then waved me through.
    Weiterlesen