Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Mystic Aspö

    September 11, 2023 in Sweden ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    After a good night sleep under a sky full of stars Pentti and Britt spoiled us with an amazing breakfast that consisted of omelettes, veggies and self made carrot and oat bread. After getting ready we went to Kivik and Vitemölla, two small fisher villages right at the sea next to where the two of them live. When we got back to their place at about 11 am we thanked them for their hospitality and left for Ahus, where we went straight into the next systembolag to buy wine for our next dinner:)
    We made our way to Karlskrona, Pentti had told us about, and took the ferry to Aspö. After 25 minutes we arrived on the Island which was covered with fog. Eventually the fog lifted and we could see some rays of sun in between the treetops. It looked very mystic and a bit creepy. We drove around the Island with our van but stopped several times at viewpoints or small harbours.
    After taking the ferry back to Karlskrona we refuelled Bro (the van) and drove all the way to Öland. We stopped twice: once at a river where they fished for salmon and once at Kalmar to eat at Max, a famous burger Place like BK or McDonalds. I hadnt had a Burger in ages so when I heard they had a glutenfree option, I had to get one. We arrived on Öland at the Ställplats in a harbour at 9:30 when it was already dark. We couldnt find a toiled and shower, nor some kind of „check in“ so we just parked our camper, brushed our teeth and fell asleep right next to the sea.
    Read more